So I'm standing outside of my retail gig this morning, and I said to myself, "Self, what the hell are you doing?" So I went inside and talked to the manager. Told her about the $13/hr promo gig, which would make me available only Mon. and Wed. of next week. Would that be o.k.? Probably not, eh? "Would this be a recurring thing?" asks manager. Yeah, I says. I can promise you two days a week while I scramble for other gigs. You into that? Being all honest and cool. "This probably won't work out..." I laid it out there, told her what I wanted and am looking for, but it didn't match with what she wanted and was looking for. Fair enough.
So, I no longer work at the choco shop. And I feel good. Onward and upward.
Interviewed for the promo gig. Got it. And, get this, I'm interviewing for a job tomorrow. As a fitting-model for a lingerie company. Stop laughing! A fitting model stands around while seamstresses pin and sew things. The pay is "to be negotiated". I have no idea what the going rate for a fitting-model is, but I'm gonna say that I require them to throw in a bikini wax. THERE is some clearcutting I can support.
Went to a fun performance cabaret at Performance Works this eve. I have to get out of the audience and onto the stage.
No comments:
Post a Comment