So, last week I interviewed for this promo gig- Stand in a shopping mall and promote a new phone for Telus. The woman who interviewed me hired me on the spot. She said,"Welcome to the team. These will be the hours, etc." I WAS HIRED. Starts Tuesday.
Fast forward to Monday. I call her to find out what's what. "Oh, the promotion start date has been moved to Wednesday. I'll call you about training, etc." No call from her Tuesday. I phone and leave a message.
Wednesday(this morning) I call her. "Oh, I'm sorry. I have enough people for my team, but I'll definitely keep you in mind for future promotions, etc." As if I was just applying. As if I hadn't ALREADY BEEN HIRED. I said," I wish you had told me earlier, as I turned down a background-extra gig to make myself available for you because, you see, YOU HIRED ME. I WAS HIRED." She was sooooo sorry.
Bitch.
Cheesefairy, if you're out there, could you do me a favour and utilize the powers of Goddessa? This woman could use a good smote-ing.
Oh, well. I see another job posting for another chocolate shop. Ha ha ha ha ha...(maniacal laughter carries off into the distance)
3 comments:
Aiii. That sucks. Man.
The summer I was 18 I stood in the Royal Centre mall every day making and selling "Dinky Donuts" at(like "those little donuts") $6/hr for a creepy guy named Mike and his creepier business partner named Dalton. I smelled like sweet cinnamon grease. One day I showed up at work and Work Wasn't There. The Dinky Donut stand had disappeared overnight and so had Mike, Dalton, my paycheque and my friend Janice's Ghetto Blaster which I had borrowed so that I might entertain myself with music while I made donuts 8 hours a day.
I think that might, in fact, have been the day Goddessa was born.
Asshat employers of the world: You Done Been Smote!
Thank you, babe. I knew I could rely on you...
Oh. Oh my god. I am so sorry.
I wonder if you could sue.
Post a Comment