Was discussing with me mum the allure of watching the laundry go round and round in the front-loading washer/dryers at the laundromat. It's fricking hypnotic. What's that about? This particular laundromat is the same laundromat my mother did laundry at when we lived next door to it. In the first house I ever lived in. Apparently she could see if her laundry was done by looking out our bathroom window.My Granny lived in the building right across the street. Years ago, my then youthful uncle took out a fruit-cart by speeding(drunk, I believe) across the intersection at Cambie and 12th. Cut it right in half. Luckily, no one was killed. Yep, a lot of family history around my new 'hood.
How come you never see fruit carts anymore?
Oscars tomorrow. Watching with A & D. Gonna be great fun.I don't think I've ever watched an Oscars where I've seen so few of the movies. Movies I really wanted to see, too. How embarrassing. Some movie fan I am. Well, I've been busy! Looking forward to sitting on my ass, inhaling beer and pizza, and making pithy comments. I do enjoy the pith. I also enjoy the Jon Stewart. I've been spending too much time alone lately. Part of the reason I took this tiny bed-sit is so it would force me to get out more. Well, it's working. Starting now. Too much navel gazing. Not enough pith.
Hanging out with A & J later. Maybe she'll tarot me. Tarot me hard!
I'll probably post later. These blog dealies are addictive. And I find myself endlessly fascinating....
"Documenting my momentum", and here I am, discussing laundry. Wheee!
1 comment:
It's been tarotted well and truly hard-like.
You guys rule. I really love you man........(sob. frickin' red wine)(hic)
Post a Comment