Just watched "The Aristocrats". Bob Saget is one sick, funny MoFo. I got off on the idea of a joke as a jazz performance piece. The telling of a joke telling you about the joke-teller. What I really liked watching was these comedians, knowing that what they were saying was extremely crude and offensive, and could be non-funny, but they just....couldn't....help...themselves. I admire that in a performer. Even if the joke IS pretty lame. I agree with George Carlin. ANYTHING can be funny if you have context.
Taking my Mom's advice and trying to enjoy a "day off" and recuperate from my dental deportation. From job hunting, audition hunting, from trying to plan, hell, even from housework. I haven't even showered today. When was the last time I went a day without a shower? I'm a shower queen.
Despite thier faults, issues, whatevers, I'm lucky that I have great parents who have really helped me over the last 6 months, and I don't JUST mean financially. It almost makes up for the shitty dental genetic material.
Back at it tomorrow. The "lazybones" schtick doesn't really work for me anymore. Leads to anxiety. But I have another movie to watch first...
3 comments:
Bob Saget? BOB SAGET? What are you *talking* about? America's Funnest Bone Diddlers Saget? Olsen Twin Family Sitbomb Saget? Holer Helly. (Haven't seen the movie, obv.)
I imagine he'd have to get harsh in the same way Drew Barrymore had to pose for Playboy.
Yeah sure, he said some naughty words...but it was the way he said them. Go rent the flick.
saget's always been a filthy standup and talk-show guest. it was his cash gigs that sucked. now they're done and he has F-You money so he can be as blue as he wants.
Post a Comment