Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yawnvember

Why oh why is this Nablopomo-thingy in November? EVERYBODY knows that November is the most boring month.

I seem to have this pattern, as far as day-to-day work goes. I'll go through a dry period, freak out at my under-employment, scramble to get some jobs, get busy and work work work, sit on my broke ass until I get paid, enjoy the fruits of my labour when the cheque comes in the mail, then scramble again when the wallet empties.

Actually, when I read that paragraph, it doesn't sound so bad. Only because when I scramble, I usually find something. Funny how that works. I'm currently in the 'Sitting around waiting to be paid' mode.

But it would be nice to have something steady. The drawback is the lack of flexibility in steady jobs, and they usually don't pay well, and I should be in a moderate to mad scramble ALL the time.

I'm going to be working at the gift-basket company again this year, for 4 or 5 weeks before Xmas. These folks let me step out to auditions as needed. Hell, they have no problem with me stepping out to Hawaii for four days! Low pay, but no dealing with the public! I seem to recall a sense of satisfaction looking at a table of pretty, beribboned gift baskets that *I* made. For whatever reason, I really enjoyed that.

I kinda like being crafty.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I get you. I'm kind of in unemployment limbo right now - I have to find something by the end of February (hopefully sooner), but I'm trying to make the writing really go for the first time. So I suppose if I haven't had success with either thing, come January I will be busting my butt too.

Glad to hear you get to do the crafty thing at Christmas! I love the crafty thing - I'm thinking of having a 'do your own craft' night soon.

Tee hee - the word verification is REARR. I'm such a child, really.

Arwen said...

If I don't get accepted into school in January, I'm going to do like you're doing, I think. Maybe even ask you where and what you're doing and go that direction. See? I *envy* your life. Man.