Sunday, November 02, 2008

Help!

My apartment has the worlds ugliest, old, beaten up linoleum floor I have ever seen. It's brown, with splotches of white from the last time the place was painted, which was probably in the late 90's. Also water marks, weird black smears, and permanent indentations from former tenants' furniture placements. I have attempted to cover it with a varied selection of rugs purchased from Ikea and strangers on the internet. Due to lack of funds, and the refusal to spend too many dollars on a place I know I won't be living in forever, these rugs are a complete mish-mash of styles and colours. I would be the laughing-stock of perusers of Home & Garden magazine.

But secretly....I like it. What does that say about me?

And what does it say about me that I have just blogged about my FLOOR COVERINGS? Hmmm...let me think for a minute. Maybe that I need some ideas on what to blog about? My topics in the past have mainly consisted of "This is what I did today! Isn't it exciting?", mostly because what I was doing was new to me. Nowadays? Most things I'm doing aren't so new. Hence, I only blog about once every other bank holiday. I mean, if I wrote about what I did today, it would consist of me reporting that I read the paper and ate peanuts.

I mean, they were a particularly spicy, yummy brand of Barbeque peanuts. Life Brand, from Shoppers. I recommend them......heh heh....

.......meh. Better luck tomorrow....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am planning to blog all month on random nouns, finding something to say about stuff.

But I would be totally interested to read blog posts about what it is like to be on set, have makeup done, go to an agent's, go to an audition - If'n'ya'wanna.

Anonymous said...

Two things, 'cause I love a good brainfart:

1) I read what you did today as eating a chunk of the comic section of the comics.

2) I then misread "barbeque" as "baroque."

See? You don't have to be new to anyone else, we'll just make things new to us for fun.