Monday, November 03, 2008

I'm going to Hawaii!!

Which is great!! But also kinda sucks......

My fella is moving back to Toronto in December. I've known for a long time, but I've been, not 'in denial', but just NOT thinking about it. His daughter is back there, he's stayed here longer than he had planned, it's just time for him to go, and I totally understand.

Just kinda sucks, is all. Expect me to be tipsy and pouting this Xmas. I may be a little more needy of my friends.

Why am I not going with him? Well, I think I'll save that for another post.

Anyhoo, he and I have discussed for months the idea of taking a little trip somewhere, preferably a place where neither of us have ever been before. He found a deal we couldn't refuse for three nights, Dec.9th to 12th, in Waikiki.

I can't tell you how excited I am. I love traveling! I'm going to lie on a beach! And get a tan! In December!! And eat poi!! (even though it sounds kind of disgusting) And drink cheap American beer! And toast to their new president!(Fingers crossed)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Hawaii sounds great! (Not sold on the poi, though)

Anonymous said...

Hawaii is beautiful, and we will be on hand for pouting and beer.

BTW, aren't we s'posed to come to your house? There is wine in the way of my memory....

Erin said...

Lucky lady! Damn - closest I can get to Hawaii is a warm bath and staring out at the cat sand that Abbie's kicked all over the bathroom floor.

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome. I have always wanted to go to Hawaii.