Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Handy Hint.

At a Mediterranean deli, I bought a bottle of 'Pomegranate Molasses' on a whim about a year and a half ago, and it has languished in my cupboard ever since. I noticed it this morning and thought to myself, "I'm going to use you today".

So, I did a little internet search and found this recipe, which I prepared and stuffed into my face this evening. It was quite good, but it had a flavour which tasted a little familiar and.......odd. I couldn't quite put my finger on what flavour it was. It was good, but.........just odd.

As I was clearing up dishes, I stuck my finger in the bottle of 'Pomegranate Molasses" and licked.

It tastes just like cough syrup.

So, if you're ever fresh out of 'Pomegranate Molasses', Robotussin will do in a pinch.

Also, I had some left-over canned pumpkin which I threw into the rice as it cooked, just strictly for the hell of it. I wonder how that would read on a menu?

"Cough-Syrup Chicken with Pumpkin Rice."

O.K. that SOUNDS gross, but I'm telling you, it WAS pretty good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take your word for it.

Incidentally, in our house we used to call Robitussin Robespierrre, because my mom could never remember the real name. Reign of Terror cough syrup!

clara said...

SA brought home some raspberry chocolate port from somewhere. Sounds good, right? Wrong. Cough syrup.