Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Antsy antsy...

Yeah, this blogging every day thing is working out REAL WELL.

Screw it, I'll just do it if I feel like it. I haven't felt like it because I feel like I'm stuck in a bit of a holding pattern and it's mostly my fault. I've been expecting payment for a commercial I shot two months ago, which means I've been depending on it showing up(mistake #1), and I've sort of mentally "pre-spent" the funds(mistake #2)(well o.k., who doesn't do that? C'mon..) and I found out yesterday that the the amount of expected funds may be less than I expected, but that may be due to a misunderstanding of the contract that I hope("Hope? Hope can kill a man, Andy...") my agent now understands, unless I misinterpreted the contract(I really don't think so). Meanwhile, while expecting the arrival of $X amount, I've been humping the dog on finding day-jobs(mistake #3), to find that it may be $Y amount.(It's the MAY that's driving me batty.)

I just wanna get paid, Jack! What I'm owed, yo!

Lessons to be learned?(again!):

#1) Always be looking for work!
#2) Know what funds to expect!(Even though, in this case, there was no reason for me to expect any less. Alright, maybe I'll ease up on myself here...)
I used to make lists of stuff that needed finances to be taken care of, prioritized by importance. Otherwise, when you get money, everything you have to spend on becomes overwhelming, so you ignore that stuff and go out dancing instead.Three years ago I made a list, and within a year I had more or less checked everything off. Soo...
#3) Make lists.

UPDATE:

Agent called. Turns out that the amount I've been expecting is the amount to be expected.
Whew....

Now I can go back to my previous "WHEN the hell am I gonna get paid?" anxiety, instead of "AM I gonna get paid?" anxiety. I much prefer the former.

But, having said that, lessons learned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good.

Anonymous said...

Ya know, you are hella brave.