Veeeeery warm in the bed-sit. Being a genius, I decided that preparing pasta for dinner, which requires boiling water, would be a good idea. Sweaty.....
The play is getting better. The first week of the run has been that extra week of rehearsal we needed, but with the benefit of a paying audience! Ha ha, suckers....just kidding. The people who have seen it seem to enjoy it.
I think I need to do a play that scares me. By that I mean something challenging, that I'm not sure that I can do. I should go audition for musicals, or something. I'm enjoying the experience of doing "Lungfish", in that it has been interesting NOT being eaten by anxiety before curtain, and actually sitting in the green room reading a magazine between scenes, instead of sitting backstage for 20 minutes listening intently for my cue. It had been good for the old confidence, but I kinda feel like I miss that anxiety. Or maybe "excitement" is a better word. Or maybe having confidence and not being anxious just feels foreign. That could be it.
Of course, that anxiety isn't totally gone. Went to an info meeting for the Standardized Patient program at Vancouver Gen. Hospital tonight. The teaching hospital recruits folks to pretend to be patients with various ailments, to train and test the med students. Of course, like with most of these types of meetings, we get to the part where we are required to "tell the room about ourselves". I HATE that. Always have. I get the shaky voice. I guess that is one way to separate the extroverts from the introverts. The former will happily yap on about where they're from, what they do, yada yada yada.....while the latter would prefer to be hit by a bus, thank you very much, than tell you what they "feel they can offer the program". Blah.......
I've been listening to music on the Windows Media Player while writing this. It's on shuffle. In the twenty minutes or so it's taken me to write this, "Lily the Pink" by The Irish Rovers has come on twice. Thanks a lot, Sean......
No comments:
Post a Comment