Friday, June 16, 2006

Don't know what to title this....

Had an audition for a commercial today. It was for some kind of Midol-like product. That performers anxiety I had that seemed to have left? Well, it was back today. I almost welcomed it. I don't think I sucked, but sometimes I have a hard time doing "perky". The guy kept saying "Let's try that again, but this time be friendlier". Yeah, sure. I'm REAL friendly when I'm talking about PMS. I kept slipping into that "commercial voice-over" voice. Like when they describe the possible side-effects in drug commercials, but slower, and with the added benefit of a slightly addled shaky voice. I rule!
I have a "financial counselling" session tomorrow with my bankruptcy trustee. WooHoo! It's gonna be a blast! Eat your heart out! Yeah, you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, God, what the hell were they looking for? This illustrates the insanity of commercials to me. How is anybody friendly when they talk about PMS? I mostly snarl.

It reminds me of working with an actress at the Alma Street Cafe, who gave us a review of an audition she went to where she had to be a tiny housewife finding her way through a jungle of carpet fibres. I laughed so hard I spilled Fraser MacPherson's martini and had to make him a new one.

Deb said...

Yeah, I had to bite my tongue. When I'm yacking to about PMS, the term "miserable c**t" usually comes up.gnpsi

Deb said...

Hilarious.gnpsi was the word verification letters, not my new "sign off", so don't be confused.
What could gnpsi stand for? "Go now, pretty sanguine imperialist"?