Monday, April 03, 2006

Things are looking up.

The night shoot for "Smallville" went well. Was decked out by the wardrobe ladies in a outfit that was covered in fake blood, then went through hair and make-up where they fashioned some fresh wounds on my face. The scene being shot was a riot. No really. They were shooting a riot, which involved looting, fighting and burning cars. Cool. I was given a baby-doll to carry, running for cover during the riot. SO over the top. Fantastic.
Was selected to further my "crying Mom" schtick in a scene which involved me crouching by a car holding my baby, while gesturing to my older daughter to run to me while the riot cops made their approach, through rioters. The scene involved a close-up of yours truly, and some kind of "acting". Which translates into a "on-set union upgrade", which means a $125 day turns into a $400 day. Also potentially means it counts as a credit towards entrance into the Union of B.C. Performers, but I haven't had that clearly confirmed yet. Fuck, here's hoping! Better happen....I have to educate myself on this stuff. It IS my career, after all. If I can get through the employment standards act, I can handle THIS stuff.....

Another day today spent reading (and not being used) on the set of Night at the Museum. Hope to be sent back there, but at a union rate!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what you are? A WORKING ACTOR. Y'big worker. You acty acting lady.

Anonymous said...

Dude. I'll actually WATCH that episode of Smallville, rather than just make fun of Michael.

Congrats!

sarah

Deb said...

We'll have to wait and see if they actually use my footage, but it's the season-closer episode.