Monday, April 24, 2006

Problem? I don't have a problem....

Bagged a background gig for tomorrow. Oh $$$, come to me $$$. I'm already freaking about July rent. With four (unpaying) performances a week of the play I'm doing in June, I may be screwed. Oh well.....I'll just brush up on those three guitar chords I remember and hit the streets.
Stop laughing!

Speaking of the play, I should probably get around to memorizing my lines. Fuck, I'm lazy. Well, I've been busy! No, really! Had the first meeting with the dinner-theatre company yesterday, and accompanied my friend to his gig doing drag for a birthday party on Saturday night. My "role" was playing personal-assistant to Mz. Diana Ross. A dream-gig for me. Why? Because I got paid in booze. God, I sound like an alcoholic. The party was made up of people around my age who have money and actual grown-up jobs. Like a peek into a strange, exotic culture....

I'm handing out yet more samples this weekend. This time it's yogurt. I think I'll get business cards printed up that say "Actor/Sample-Lady".

If the weather-related heat in my bed-sit today is a hint of how bad it's gonna be this summer, I'll be inviting you all over for steam-baths all summer long. We can sit around, sweat, and drink booze.
I do not have a problem! I can quit drinking any time I want! STOP LAUGHING!(hic)

No comments: