Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Dawning realizations.

Spoke to the union rep for Smallville today. No dice on getting a credit towards entering the union. Poop. Something about performing a "significant action" that "propels the story" requiring "lots of direction", etc, etc. That's the nutshell version. What I was required to do didn't fulfill that criteria. Oh well. Still tripled my per diem for the day....not too shabby.

I'm handing out samples of skin-care products in Metrotown mall this weekend."One for you...three for me...." Hang out in a mall all weekend? Man, you'd have to pay me! Oh wait, they are......

Was riding the bus along Broadway this evening, into my new neighborhood, when it struck me that this FEELS like my new neighborhood. Got home to MY bed-sit where it struck me how much I'm enjoying living alone. Sure, sometimes it gets a little lonely, and I know that I may eventually tire of it and want something else, but right now, I'm really enjoying it. I know I'll ALWAYS want my own space, be it MY room or MY office, etc.
Ya know, you see the movies where the hero of the story goes through a seemingly overnight transition into a new life. Has the "eureka moment"(not my term, but it really fits) and changes their life forever. You see these movies and you think,"too bad that never really happens".

But it can. Believe it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I rather think it always happens. You know: you work and work and work and work and then suddenly, someday, it all pays off.