Friday, July 28, 2006

Happy-Pill WHORE!

I had a meeting with the wardrobe folks for the happy-pill commercial today. We're shooting on Sunday. The wardrobe people seem very nice, which is good. Not much worse than bitchy wardrobe-folks. I've met a few doing background....
One of them was a rather flamboyantly gay man, who told me I was "absolutely gorgeous" about seven times......I think I'm in love. I'm SUCH a fruit-fly....Turns out they liked what I was wearing when I showed up, so that was easy. Wonder if I get paid more for wearing my own clothes. Not that it matters. I'll probably have to hand it over to the trustee anyway.

Speaking of background.....my extra-agency is pissed at me. I booked a gig for Monday, but had to cancel because I got ANOTHER call-back (woo hoo!) for that morning. I called her and left a message. She called back and chewed me out a bit. She said that "now I have to work this weekend to replace you" and that I "should take doing background AS SERIOUSLY as my principal work". Pardon me a moment.........HAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, I'm sure she'll have a hard time replacing a thirty-ish, white female. We're sooooo hard to find........
I hope it doesn't put me on the "Don't call as much" list, though. Doing background has more-or-less been my bread and butter for the past little while. I'll bring it up with her when I pick up cheques this week. If it looks like it will be a problem, that they don't believe I'm taking it seriously enough, I'll just ask her to take me off her roster, and then I'll sign up with another agency. Screw 'em.

I'm excited about the shoot on Sunday. I love hearing that "ACTION!". Even shooting an ad for some undoubtedly over-prescribed happy-pill that will do nothing for those who take it, unless they realize that depression is a perfectly understandable response to a shitty, unhappy life, and the best response to a shitty, unhappy life is to change it. I never took anti-depressants, but if I had, I'd probably still be married, working retail, smoking a pack-a-day, and getting drunk pretty much every night.
I hope I'm not giving the impression that I cast aspersions on those who have done anti-depressants. I understand that there are those who literally cannot get out of bed in the morning due to depression. The happy-pill can at least get you out of the sack. And there are folks who have chemical imbalances. The happy-pill can help that. But I don't like that there are doctors who will hand them out willy-nilly without getting to the actual cause of the blues...........
Geez, I went off on a rant there. I better not bring this up on shoot day.....heh.
.....and I must remember....
I am a whore.
But in a good way. A whore the camera likes.

No comments: