Saturday, August 05, 2006

Too much wine last night....

Ow, my head.

Had a lovely time at Gen & Ryan's wedding last night. Congratulations, guys. Also, Emma, I'm glad you're back.

I'm house-sitting at Alex and David's this weekend. Going to enjoy the pool, gym, laundry, and all of the T.V. my brain can handle. You have no idea how excited I am that "What Not To Wear" is on right now.......

I'm hoping to be able to drag my ass down to Kits beach for the drop-in power yoga that they have on the Showboat. It starts at 9 a.m. Urgh. Gonna try my best, though. I think I really need to breath and streeeeeetch.

Speaking of breathing, I was walking by the B.C. Cancer Society building the other day. Now, I "quit" smoking a few months ago, but I've been dancing with the seductive bitch here and there, generally if there's booze involved, or if I'm around other folks I have always smoked with.
There was a man in a wheelchair outside of the building. He was sitting there hooked up to an I.V. I don't know what kind of cancer he had, but.....he was dying. It was plainly evident by his pallor. The colour of his eyes. He was dying.
It really shook me to my core. You start smoking when you are young and dumb and want to look cool and have no sense of your mortality. Then you become addicted and love what it brings you. Can always rely on a smoke. I smoke mostly for comfort. Something to do with my hands. Yet another thing to hide behind. I feel like I've broken through most of the habits, but still, some of the triggers really cling......
Fuck that shit.
No more.

No comments: