O.k., so....I've basically been smoking again for months. That "part-time" smoker thing, where if you are not smoking, you're thinking about it.
So last week, I asked an ex-smoker friend of mine, Long Tall Duncan, to help me. "Duncan, how do I quit?"
He recommended a book.
Now, I HATE self-help books, but desperate times......
It's called "Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking". I actually bought the thinner, cheaper one that is directed towards women, specifically. I have no idea what the difference would be, because I would recommend this one for men as well.
The book blew my mind.
I'll give you the nutshell-version of the part that is most working for me.
The other times I quit, it was giving up something that I loved. But while reading this book, I realized something......
I fucking hate smoking.
The stink. The expense. The cough. Sure.....
But more that anything....I hate having to THINK about it all of the time.
WHERE can I smoke? WHEN can I smoke? HOW LONG until my next smoke?...
Of course, I have to go through a couple more days of physical withdrawal. THAT"S been fun.....actually it kinda has been. I haven't smoked in 2 days. I follow this arc every few hours. First, I'm REALLY ANGRY. Then, I'm SAD. Then I'm giggly. Then I'm fine and think about how It's going to be great to NOT HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THIS SHIT ANYMORE. This all happens in a space of about 5 minutes.
WOOT!
I'm also looking forward to this constellation of zits on my chin to go away. I think it's Aries. Or maybe Capricorn....I think I'm detoxing through my face. Great.....
No comments:
Post a Comment