Aw..what the hell is a blog FOR, if not kvetching and good-old-fashioned navel-gazing? I mean, it's only friends of mine who read this anyway. I would happily whine away to your faces if any of you were sitting in front of me. At least this way, you can jump ahead to the next person on your blog-roll if I'm boring the shit out of you....
I've had six auditions over the last couple of weeks. Five commercial and one theatre. I've had 3 callbacks or have been "put on hold" (which means I'm second or third choice) for three of them. This is not a bad statistic. Shows my auditioning skills are improving, and that I'm castable. But being on-hold doesn't pay the rent. I'm hearing the siren-call of a retail gig to ensure that I have rent every month. It would have to be an evening and weekend thing, though.
Retail. Bletch.
I have to start peppering every actor I meet with questions of "How do YOU do it?". The balancing of auditions with rehearsals with being able to feed yourself. I've learned a shit-load about it in the past year. I suppose just doing it is the best answer....
Get off yer ass, lady.
Just because I can't resist, and the fact that having a digital-camera has not lost it's novelty, here's a photo of me being attacked by a cupcake.
2 comments:
You're right, blogging is for whatever the hell you want to say.
I know you're an actor and all, but I love reading your writing here, no matter what you're talking about. Maybe you're a writer, too?
I didn't really get hooked into the blog thing until about four or five months ago, when I discovered it's a great way to keep up to date on what the people I care about are doing.
So complain, rejoice, brag, fish - I like to hear it all. =)
As for your hesitance about a crap job to help finance your staying alive, I think I've recently come to the realization that - I can quit anytime I want to. And, if I need it, another job will be right there. It's a crap job market dreamers dream out there right now (What the fuck did I just say? Because I don't really know...) - if you have to leave one thing because you get a gig, there's always something else there to pick you up when you need it.
Post a Comment