Sunday, February 11, 2007

Latest news.

Ahhh.....yee olde mild hangover.....

Just thought I'd put down this gallon of water and bag of chips and post. It's been a while. Let's see....What's new.....?

I'm going to take a break from getting drunk. Relax, I don't do it that often, but I've noticed, the last few times I've gotten tipsy, a slight propensity for becoming over-sensitive. Of the "Just what the hell is THAT supposed to mean?!" variety. Like I'm being attacked when I'm really not. It's not very fun. I want to be able to balance my newly-won right to my feelings with letting it slide if it just doesn't fucking matter. The problem is that there can be so much truth wrapped up in "just kidding". If I'm tanked, it's harder for me to be able to distinguish between "Just kidding" or "Just kidding.......BUT really I'm not" so, just to be safe, I'll assume the latter and get pissed off. Then the next morning, after sobering up, I'll feel like a bit of a heel wondering if was right to get pissed off or not.........blah. Yeah, a trip 'on the wagon' is probably a good thing......
Reminds me of a tarot reading I got that said my biggest wish was to 'successfully defend myself from attack'. Might be time to write that play, hey Arwen?

Hey! I'm doing The Vagina Monologues! It's a one-night fundraiser that will be performed on March 3rd. I haven't read the monologue I'll be reading that night yet. It's called "Women of Juarez" and it's about the brutal rapes and disappearances of dozens of women in Juarez, Mexico. Easy Peasy! So I can just phone THAT one in.......

....that was a joke.

The director said she cast me for this piece because she wanted "a strong actor with real presence and a good voice" because this particular monologue is "very, very heavy and intense".
I'm flattered. I'm quite excited. It will be nice to do something heavy, and just letting the words do the work. Keeping it simple.

Also in the news.....I am now a divorced woman. Officially. A Gay Divorcee, as of last Thursday.
It's funny. You would think that being DIVORCED would have a different feeling than 'we broke up'. But it doesn't, really. Of course, I was only actually married for 11 months.

Also newsworthy, my bankruptcy is officially over. I still have some tax-related stuff to get to the trustee, but it's now 'off the books'. It's almost unnerving how easy it was, but ask me how I'm feeling AFTER I find out how much taxes I owe for the last year....

Fresh start. New beginnings.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on getting a good monologue! New beginnings are the catt's pyjamas.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on youyr divorce! And also, where is the Vagina Monologues playing? Any chance of seeing you do your thing?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations x3! Yes, please tell us where you are going to be performing. I'd love to go.