Monday, October 23, 2006

Somebody help!!!!

Long story short....

A couple of months ago, I bought the "Do Your Own Divorce- Joint Applications" book, which features a CD-Rom with all of the forms. I downloaded the forms to my computer. I've since decided that the "Sole Applicant" version would be better, because it would mean less fucking around, and less communication with my soon-to-be-ex. So I bought that today and went to download the "Sole Applicant" forms..
When downloading these forms, you have to agree to ONLY download EITHER the "Joint" or "Sole" applicant forms. Since I already downloaded the "Joint" ones, my computer wouldn't let me get the "Sole" ones. So I deleted the "Joint" forms to the recycle tray. Computer still won"t let me get the new ones. I emptied my recycle tray. No dice.
Fuck!

I know that I am incredibly ignorant of 'puter stuff, so I throw myself on the mercy of my more computer-literate friends. Please tell me what to do, because I really have no idea.

My computer won't let me get divorced!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need the Awesome Power of Le Zen. Because in your position? I yell at the computer and then decide I didn't really want whatever it is I was trying to do, anyway.

Deb said...

The Awesome Power of Le Zen is ALWAYS appreciated.....or, I could just use someone else's computer, which is what I'll probably do. No biggie.
Sure enjoyed yelling at the computer. Though, I was probably REALLY yelling at myself....

Anonymous said...

My Guess? Speaking as Le Zen?

Uninstall the whole freakin' program via the Settings/ControlPanel/Add-Remove Programs.

Unless, of course, you've already done a whole bunch of work/typing in the program, and don't wanna lose the stuff you've done. The Joint/Sole thing was probably an installation choice, and then (because programmers are so "smart" and don't want to "confuse" their "audience") they probably don't have any sort of option to switch.

I guess the divorce software programmers, in their infinite wisdom, figure once you've made a decision, you can't back out of it, or change your mind, or go "hey wait, this is totally wrong for me."

See what I did there? With the... ha!

Oh, I'm *SO* funny before my first cup of coffee. NOT.

Deb said...

Merci, Le Zen, for your advice. Unfortunately, it didn't work.
I dunno...there must be "evidence" of my original download somewhere on my computer, but I can't find it. I'm NOT allowed BOTH versions of the forms! Oh NO! The world will end! KERPLOW!
I'm just gonna use someone else's computer.