Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Goodbye August. We hardly knew ye.....

My agent teased me today. She called to tell me she had an audition for me tomorrow. She started to give me the info, when she realized it was dated for Sept.5th. "Oh, I'll have to check into that. I'll call you back". She calls back to tell me it was a mistake. The audition call should not have gone out. Huh? So...no audition.
I haven't had an audition in over two weeks. Poop. They seem to come in a flurry, then nothing......
STILL waiting to get paid for the happy-pill ad.

I had a lovely long-weekend. Handed out free booze Friday and Saturday, which is THE slacker-job extraordinaire, had a fine feed of brisket at Alex and David's Saturday night, and spent Sunday at the beach called Wreck with Sean. Mind-blowing sunset.....

Holy crap, it's September. I've got to step-up the game plan. I'm feeling the urge to get on stage again. Should have grabbed myself a fringe show to do. Since it appears that I'm going to be o.k. financially for the next few months(though I don't KNOW that until I get PAID), doing some more unpaid theatre wouldn't be the worst thing to do. I just really want to do a play that challenges and excites me.

I've grabbed a gig selling tickets for the Vancouver Film Fest. Thank you, Phil and Erin. This means I'll get a festival pass. I LOVE the moving-picture shows....

Autumn is in the air....

No comments: