Last week was pretty good. Got in some badly needed beach-time, hung out with the fella and his lovely daughter who was visiting from T.O., did some bike-riding, and had three auditions, which translated into three callbacks. Not too shabby......
My agent said something nice to me. She called with an audition and said....
Agent:"By the way, congratulations!"
Me: "Uh..... thanks.....hmmm?"
Agent: "I just sometimes think that you don't know how well you're doing."
Me: "Yeah?"
Agent: "Yeah. You get all these callbacks, but without having a demo-reel together, without having taken casting director-workshops, without schmoozing and sucking up to casting directors and bombarding them with postcards and stuff. You get callbacks just based purely on your talent, and that means something."
Me: "Thanks. Wow. That means a lot to me to hear.....Gee....Imagine if I had done all those things."
Agent: "Exactly. But don't be too hard on yourself. I have actors in my roster who still have shitty 2 year old headshots that were taken by their brother!"
I'm starting to really like my agent....
Now, if I could only book one of these fuckers.....
I'm trying my best.
I took a beta-blocker before handing out booze last Saturday. Not because handing out FREE BEER SAMPLES is particularly stressful(in fact, it's one hell of an icebreaker), but because I wanted to try one out just to see what happened....
Not too much. It doesn't stone you out, but it definitely mellows you a bit. Lowers the heart-rate and stuff. Probably a total placebo-effect, but who cares? I think the placebo-effect is highly under-rated. I think I'll save them for auditions that really make me nervous.
Making the rent is the usual never ending stress-fest. I think I'm going to be working pretty steadily through September for the Film Fest, but I haven't actually seen a schedule yet, so we'll see. I have a feeling that the winter is going to be 'quiet time' in the industry, if last winter was any indication, so I might as well get a 'job-job' to get me through. Get a FUN retail gig through Christmas or something. Whooo! I'm just going to LOVE that!
Oh well. It all contributes to getting to where I want to be. This IS the life I picked. Don't like it? Then lump it.
Keeping my eyes on the prize......
2 comments:
I know I like your agent. Woohoo Deb!
Bah! Sorry dude - we've had some problems with the schedule, which is why it's taking so long. You're every Saturday and Sunday though, full day, plus we'll keep you on the emergency call list incase anyone flakes out, I mean, calls in sick.
Oh and also plus, go you!
Post a Comment