.....that reminds me of a 70's-era living room, colour scheme-wise. Blargh....that may change.
Fancy new tools are now available at Blogspot. Look! My links are now alphabetized! I lost Alex's URL, but that's o.k. since he hasn't posted since last August, and I dropped the horoscope link. I'm sure that if you're desperate for your horoscope, you'll know where to look.
At the stars, baby. At the stars.....
Not much new to report. I had a weird semi-mental-meltdown the other evening. Had to fight off some old demons and old ways of thinking, "Being a Big Wimpy Baby"-related. The old fear raised it's big ugly head, but I successfully fought it down. Must be ever vigilant! Cannot allow Ms. Martyr-ous Panty-Waste to come to the fore!
It's just that sometimes.......... I get a little scared. Having the balls to admit that ain't so bad. Not sure what the source is.....nature or nurture or WHATEVER.
Fuck it. Years ago, I got a book out of the library. It's title appealed to me, but I was disappointed when it was just another of those self-help books that irritate the shit out of me. I dunno, but as soon as I start reading most self-help books, a part of my brain JUST GOES TO SLEEP(perhaps a future blog-topic. Don't feel like yammering about it right now) Anyhoo, the book had a kick ass title.
Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway.
That little sentence has been more helpful than ANY entire self-help book I've been able to struggle my way through.
Feel The Fear and Do It Anyway.
Rock and roll.......
7 comments:
uhhh...did I write that book? I don't remember doing that..I DO remember throwing its title at you on wednesday however.
library my ass, McBain.
Yeah, I've told you about that book. Must have planted in your subconscience. You think I made it up?
Smartass.
no, I've never heard about this book. I read that quote somewhere...possibly in that book I lent you that you haven't read. do us both a favor and see if it's there. or maybe it was in a class I took or something.
The effectiveness of the title is in it's simplicity, so it's entirely possible that you came across it in another book, or came up with it yourself during Wednesday nights discussion which, as I've told you, was very helpful. I called you a smartass because of the inference that I imagined the story about getting the book out of the library, see.
I'm sure my friends are being highly entertained by READING us ARGUE. Hey guys, wait until you see it in the flesh. Hours of enjoyment!;)
*shuffles betting slips*
*munches popcorn*
I borrowed that book from Sarah one time. I remember trying to read it, but I never did get far into it. It was on the back seat of my car for about a year and I like to think I absorbed the sentiment.
Secondary evidence from the Monkey, and tertiary in that Amazon.com lists that book as available for $11.16 and as written by Susan Jeffers.
Post a Comment