Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Work it, girl....

Sun's out again finally. Back to summer. I feel the call of the beach, but instead I'm surfin' der web lookin' fer work. I've signed up with another promo company that sends promo-people out to liquor stores to hand out free samples of booze. Pays well, but it's only twice a week.
Actually, scratch "promo-people"...after a sampling session, I fill out a report where I am referred to as a "Tasting Model". After I interviewed and was hired by the 15 year old.....I mean, the young lady who owns the company, I went to check out the web-site. Apparently, they supply businesses with NOT "Promotional Marketers", but with "Promotional Models". That's right, bitches! I'm a MODEL now! I'm going to drop my last name, because all of the BIG models only use their first names. Just ask Tyra, et al.......

Seriously though......not much new to report. I've had several auditions for commercials over the last couple of weeks, including one call-back, but haven't booked any yet. Sigh........commercial auditions are weird. Really, they JUST want to look at you. I auditioned for a bottled water commercial, where I had to take 3 big swallows from a water-bottle. I think I probably looked like I was trying to felate the thing. Suprisingly, I wasn't booked.

I feel a little like I'm floundering now. 2 years ago or so, I embarked on an actual game plan(probably for the first time), and I've basically accomplished what I set out to do. Yeah, it was a short game plan, but giant leaps require little steps...blah..blah...blah. Time to pat myself on the back and move forward.

Time for the next plan.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Sweet! I know a hot model who has access to booze.

I sound like a 14 year old male.

Check your messages on Facebook. I think I can help in the $$$ department.

Anonymous said...

Shut up, Erin, are you handing out free money?
*g*
I think that Moxie Snacks is a good model name, without getting rid of the Snacks.