Monday, March 05, 2007

Wow! This "prayer" shit really works!

Oh Lord, Lawdy, Buddha, Mohammed, Great Goddess, Osiris, Sun-God, WHOEVER you may be....
Thank you for the paying sketch-comedy gig I'll be doing at Vancouver Film School on April 11th. It's only $100, but I didn't specify a larger amount, so who am I to complain? I would do it for free, anyway.
If you can see it in your heart to bring about a fat paycheque for a commercial or T.V. gig soon, that would be really great too.

Yours sincerely,
Me

Ya.....I booked a gig performing sketches written by the Sketch-Comedy writing class at VFS, taught by the inimitable Morgan Brayton, of "Thirty Helens" and "Girl-Parts" fame. She funny. I'm quite excited.
I received the email telling me that I'd been cast about 10 minutes after I wrote the previous post.
(Cue bad 'Keanu Reeves in The Matrix' impression)

".............Woah."

2 comments:

Mrs. Dymund said...

Yay! Congrats.

That should be a helluva lot of fun. Morgan, she very funny.

Anonymous said...

Hurrah!