Sunday, March 04, 2007

Gods, vaginas, and smelly.

Thanks to various gods and deities, I've booked a couple of gigs. I'll be promoting a new DVD release on Tuesday morning (dunno what movie) for 3 hours for a whopping $65. That helps. And I'll be working the auto-show at the end of the month. Bring on the rent!!
(Let's see if this will work again) Oh Lord, Lawdy,Buddha, Mohammed, Great Goddess, Osiris, Sun-God, WHOEVER you may be....

PLEASE! LET ME BOOK A PAYING ACTING GIG!!!!

Yours sincerely,
Me

......back to the news....

The Vagina Monologues show was last night. After a hilarious clusterfuck of a pre-show run-through, we had a pretty good show. A very nice, supportive audience. Thanks to my peeps who came to see it.
Doing this show has whetted my appetite for a nice acting challenge. I have a certain power on stage that I want to exploit. I want a character that's big and complex and funny and changing and sad and weak and powerful. Some 'Sophie's Choice'-type shit, know what I mean? Stuff like that doesn't just land in your lap, though. I have to bring it about myself. Add that to the to-do list.....

I must cut this short. I HAVE to take out the garbage right now. Something must of died in there. Holy stank......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were the best thing about that show, and I'm not just saying that because you're a friend.

Alsoplus, you should definitely do sketch comedy, because you would excel at it.

Mrs. Dymund said...

Good for you!

Sorry I couldn't be there.

Anonymous said...

"I want a character that's big and complex and funny and changing and sad and weak and powerful."

Poster, anyone? I think you want those things in more than just a character you get to play...

I know *I* do.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.