Thanks to Arwen, the lady who Rants for the Invisible People, I have been tagged with a meme, which "refers to a unit of cultural information transferable from one mind to another" (according to Wikipedia). This meme is to "Confess 5 different things your readers don't know about you."In tagging me, she referred to MoxieSnacks as having..."been discovering things she didn't know about herself". This is true, so I'll focus my list on stuff that I have discovered over the last year. Probably stuff you all already know, since it seems my only readers are my friends, but the discovery of this stuff was a surprise to me....
1) I take Size 9 shoes.
For years I thought I was a size 10. Turns out I was just wearing thick socks. Seriously. Also, my sister takes a size 10, and since I'm taller than her, I just assumed...I guess.
2) I can argue.
Not that I like to argue, per se, but I now know that I can. After years of letting my fear of confrontation get the upper hand, and walking away from arguments when I knew I was right!, I can now argue a point if it means something to me.
3) I have. ...um...heh....a "healthy sex-drive".<Blush>
I'll just leave it at that. Probably more than you wanted to know....
4) I enjoy physical exercise.
This was a shocker. Now, I can very easily slip back into sitting-on-my-ass-eating-pie mode, and it can be a struggle to actually go to aerobics or pull out my yoga mat and turn on the DVD, but while I'm doing it, I'm actually enjoying it. I bought a basketball last summer, so I could go shoot hoops for chrissakes. (So I only went once, but still!) And I'm getting a bike!
I still fuckin' hate running, though....
5) I like to shop.
After years of saying "I don't like shopping, I hate going to the mall, saying that all women like to shop is a sexist archetype, blah blah blah....", turns out THAT ain't true. Peering at dress-racks in department stores actually puts a bounce in my step. Even when I have NO cash. Don't get me started on nice smelling skin-care stores like Lush, etc. I suppose this ties into figuring out WHAT I like.
Of course, I'm still a cheap bitch. Hence my previous post about how nothing I've bought has costed more than $40. I like a bargain.
This also brings me to number 6. Yeah, I KNOW it's only supposed to be 5, but I think this is hilarious:
6) I have 21 lipsticks.
This is after I threw out the ones I have never worn. Like I'll ever wear most of these ones? But you see, I should keep some of them because I might have an audition for a character who WILL wear frosty brownish-pink. Yeah. Sure.
So, I'm to throw down the gauntlet to others now, being a meme and all......
Monsieur SillyWalker? You're up.
Yo, Alex? COME ON! Blog about something. It's been ages!
2 comments:
Haha.
it'll have to wait for the book.
which will only be published after my death.
you'll be able to hear the screams.
Pussy!
You can make it 5 things that you wouldn't mind people reading about. I mean, I didn't mention my enlarged.....wait. Nevermind...
Post a Comment