Thursday, November 09, 2006

Pizza & Books.

Had an audition for a pizza commercial today. Getting auditions puts a bounce in my step, even when I KNOW I won't be cast. I don't think I blew it, but I don't think I'm what they were looking for. I'll be surprised if I get a call-back. It was nice to have an audition where I was required to actually speak, though. It's been a while. I'm becoming queen of "silent on camera".

Just finished the latest John Irving book. About to start the latest Nick Hornby. I used to always have my nose in a book. Always. Seemingly from birth. But the past year and a half or so, I couldn't concentrate on anything more demanding than a magazine article. Even getting through a newspaper took more than I could give. But the craving for good novels seems to be back. Anybody have some recommendations? I'm getting reacquainted with my library card....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know the joy that is Terry Pratchett?

Deb said...

I've only read Good Omens, the one he did with Neil Gaimon...hmm, maybe I should check out the both of them. I would LOVE to re-read all of The Sandman.

Anonymous said...

Neil Gaiman on his own is pretty good as well, although not as funny as Good Omens.

Then again, very little is as funny as Good Omens.