Monday, January 03, 2011

I'm HERE!

After all of the planning, anticipation and dreaming, I'm HERE. And it is surreal...

Shockingly, all of the last-minute packing, cleaning and unloading-of-stuff-I-don't-need went smoothly. Including making it to my 8am flight, while dragging two almost-50 lb suitcases for 6 blocks to the Canada Line. Came just under the legal load limit so I didn't have to pay $70 in fees at the airport. This is a good thing.

So I cried a little during take off, big deal, but only because the mountains were all snow-capped and dappling in the light of the sunrise. Also, I had only had about 4 or 5 hours sleep the night before. Emotions run shallow when you're sleepy.

I had left a frosty and sunny Vancouver to land in a wet and rather balmy Toronto. What the hell? After waiting like what seemed FOREVER for my luggage("Excuse me? I have to go jump on my boyfriend, who I haven't seen for 6 months. Could we maybe step up the rotation speed of the luggage conveyor belt RIGHT EFFING NOW?"), I hopped in a cab and headed home. My new home.

And it already feels that way. The neighborhood feels like the Cambie area where I used to live, except for the 2 hair/nail salons on EVERY block. I guess under the mittens and hooded parkas, the women here are rocking immaculate hair and fingers. I really like it around here, except for the SHOCKING lack of liquor stores.

This will be a short missive for today. I'm going to overhaul the 'look' of this blog. The colour scheme is a sort of "70's sexy browns". Jaysus, no wonder I never posted...

3 comments:

Erin said...

Hooray! The blog is alive! Glad you arrived safe and sound. Look forward to hearing about your wacky adventures. xo

clara said...

You're gonna make it after alllllllll. I am very excited that you are having adventures and hope you document them in detail for my reading pleasure. Yes. Yes I do.

Arwen said...

YES! Documentation of adventures! Now that I realize that it's happening...