Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Quickie update.

Finally got eight straight hours of solid sleep last night. For the past two weeks, I've been able to fall asleep right away, but I've been waking up after 5 to 7 hours and not able to fall asleep again, which would be fine for a couple of days, but after two weeks of this I've been feeling rather burnt out. I blame daylight-savings.

As part of this "Nose To The Grindstone" phase of my life, I've got myself a part-time job at a call centre. That's right, I'm working at a fricken' call centre. Not selling anything, just doing telephone surveys. It's actually not a bad gig. It's flexible so I have no problem attending auditions and doing other gigs. I just wish it paid better. I've been pulling in a fair amount of hours, but when I look at my paystubs, I think..."That's IT?" I've gotten used to a higher hourly wage over the past few years. Oh well, it pays the rent, and there isn't a lot going on audition-wise. Oddly, I'm really good at it, apparently. When I'm "monitored" by my bosses(they'll listen in on you), I get perfect scores. I suspect it's that I .....just don't care. Really, I don't care if I get fired from this gig. It's really freeing in a way. I mean, it'll do for now........

Sean and I are giving it another kick at the can. Yes I know....stop rolling your eyes. I suppose there is the possibility I may have bored some with the' sturm und drang' of him and me but....what can I say? First of all, I don't have to justify it, and also, we've had various phases over the course of our time together and 'this' time is what, I think, we've been stumbling towards. An honest go at it. We're on an even keel, and we know where we stand. Of course, we currently stand 3000 miles apart. That may be a hindrance.... or a help. Heh heh....

Seriously, it feels really good. He's coming out for a week-long visit at the end of the month. I cannot wait.

Off to work. I may be calling you later to ask your opinion of Translink. We take down all comments verbatim, so get creative, will you? I need something to entertain me at work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So strange about the waking insomnia, because it's an epidemic. I'm beginning to think that there's a virus that causes night-waking.

Anonymous said...

If you are ever totally strapped for cash, I will pay you to babysit. I don't pay as much as the commercial work but I could probably top the call centre.

...and also go on with your bad self and HAVE that awesome relationship. Woot!