Apparently, it's Barbie's 50th birthday this year and Mattel held a contest for kids, where you could win the opportunity to "Celebrate Barbie's Birthday with her!" My job yesterday was to help "Barbie" (a very nice 20 yr old go-go dancer. I'm not kidding. That was her 'day job') into her little pink dress, affix a tiara to her head, check for visible bra straps, and "remind her to smile!" during the party if necessary. Also to organize the line-up of little giggling contest winners, fresh from face painting, nail-painting, party-hat making, and cupcake gorging.
Only about a dozen or so lined up for pictures, so I basically stood around for 3 hours. Not a bad gig for $72, though I've probably seen enough of the colour pink to last me for the next few months. I can now add "Barbie Wrangler" to my resume.
"Ken" was also there, but he had no "wrangler". Hilariously, the event-description email I received said, "Ken will be escorting Barbie into the event. KEN IS NOT TO SPEAK".
Probably because he's known for his controversial opinions. He's a TOTAL loose-cannon, that Ken.
Weather Update:
What the fuh......?

Ummm...it's MARCH. What the hell is THAT stuff?
To think, I was lying on a warm beach three months ago.......sigh.
2 comments:
I want to go to there
So funny.
Post a Comment