Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Clarence?

I had planned to be in PoCo at the folks', but due to a last minute booze-sampling gig and snow up to my bum, I decided that I didn't feel like scrambling for transit just so I could sit and veg on my parents couch. I have a perfectly good couch here, so I'll head out tomorrow morning. It's all good.

I'm accompanied by a fine half-a-bottle of $65 champagne that was leftover from the booze-tasting, which I shall be imbibing while watching "It's a Wonderful Life". My favourite part of the movie is at about the halfway mark, before Jimmy encounters Clarence, where he starts acting like a bit of a prick.
"You call this a happy family, Why did we have to have all these kids?!"
I don't know why I find it so entertaining, seeing Jimmy Stewart acting like a jerk.

This is the first time I've ever spent Christmas Eve alone. I suppose I'm supposed to feel sad and lonely.......and maybe I do, just a little, but I figured I'd feel worse in PoCo. Ho ho ho.......
Actually, I feel pretty good.

Merry Christmas, everybody.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy christmas to you. I hope you made it to Magical PoCo. I know what you mean about Jimmy Stewart...it's kind of exhilarating to see him lose it and be less holier than thou.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen that movie. It's like I've been in some kind of Christmas stasis.But Merry Christmas, and a happy new year!