Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Blue Water, Blue Christmas.

The mountain of dishes is done, the Christmas tree is be-tinseled, nothing much to do but blog.

Got back from Waikiki last Friday. What a beach. Warm, crystal blue water, just like in the movies. It mostly rained, but when the sun came out, my total white-girl carcass quivered with pleasure. I think I had the most fun at the beach WHILE it was raining. I mean, it was still 29 degrees C. Warm rain, warm water. Sigh......I used to like snow, but somehow it just doesn't compare now that I've experienced some winter with hot sand and surf. Call me crazy.

Speaking of surf, it occurred to me, while I was looking out at the bigger waves in the horizon, that I've never actually seen people surfing in real life. I mean I've seen it in movies and photos, but it was kind of surreal to ACTUALLY see people surfing. I must try it someday. It looks like a blast.

We didn't do much other than eat, drink, meander, and body-surf. There isn't much else to do there, unless you want to shop at Louis Vuitton or one of the many "Le Sport Sac" stores which seemed to hilariously dot every corner. I'm such a dorky Canadian, because I still can't get over the exoticism of seeing beer available in corner stores and gas stations. I love it! That probably says a lot about me.

Overall, I truly had a wonderful time that I will remember forever.

Which brings me to....Sean.

He flew back to Toronto this morning. He has a great 15 year old daughter. He needs to be with her. He meant to spend two years here, for reasons personal and professional. He was here for three and a half. I think I had something to do with that. He had just got out of a marriage. So did I, and I mean just. We loved each other. We still do. What do I do? Drop everything I've just gotten together here, to follow 'some guy' across the country? Maintain some kind of "long-distance' thing? For what? What should I do? Am I doing the right thing here? Are we? Fuck....goddammit....shit.

I hate the overused, dorky, schmaltzy, pseudo-"spiritual" term "Soul Mate". Barf. Gag. But I can't think of a better alternative. "Important Person"? "Person of Personal Relevance"? "World-Rocker"? "Mr./Ms. You just Knocked Me On My Ass"? "Baron/Baroness von Shizznit"? "Duke/Duchess FUCK YEAH!"?

I believe we have many "Soul Mates"(retch!) over the course of our lives. I have a couple of important people in my life I would besmirch with that title. Sean is one.

A really important one.

Hoo boy.......pardon me while I quote Nazareth. No really, I beg your forgiveness.

Love Hurts.

2 comments:

sean said...

...Hurts So Good, to quote Mr. Mellencamp.

Anonymous said...

Sean beat me to it.

Sometimes, love bites the big one.