I went to Dressew and bought some fabric ends and glue and made curtains. I think the glue was more expensive than the fabric, but I covered four windows in a fashionable and light-blocking burgundy colour for under $15. Eat that, House & Home. The fifth window is covered by a folded sarong, but it accents the burgundy quite nicely. Also, I ran out of fabric, and I couldn't be bothered to go back to the store for more. I always find a lack of funds and laziness very inspiring. Eat that, Martha Stewart.
Seriously, it looks pretty good. They would be better if I had a sewing machine and I new how to use it, though.
It's been quiets-ville on the audition front. Threats of an actor's strike in the states have produced a chill in studios here, so there is slim pickings as far as commercials, and I'm still banging on the door to get into film and t.v. auditions. Time for a new agent, I think. New headshots too. Gotta re-start the motor and rev up the engine. Also have to get some WORK-work to fill up the days and my bank account.
Oddly, I think that since I had a pretty good several months at the end of last year and the beginning of this one, as far as booking work(mainly commercials, mind you), I sub-consciously felt like "Well, I'm sure I'll book something soon, so I DON'T HAVE to work shitty temp-gigs". That's pretty fricking arrogant of me, especially considering the fact that the last two auditions I've had I kinda sucked. Also, I should know that you can NEVER rely on ANYTHING in this business. That is a fact.
Last week was lousy. I had a toothache and was in complete denial about it. Finally, the pain was so bad so I pulled my credit card (Yes, I have a credit card again. They will give one to ANYONE!) out of my drawer and headed on down to the dentist. One broken filling on my lower left jaw to be fixed. Ka-ching! Afterwards, my face was kind of sore, and a day or two later I had a facial swelling to the left of my nose and a front upper tooth that radiated in pain whenever something touched it, including my tongue. What the hell? This felt A LOT like the absessed tooth I had a few years ago. Crap! By the time I got back to the dentist after working the weekend, the swelling was barely noticable and the pain was more or less gone. I told her I suspected absess, she poked and prodded, took an x-ray($55), and couldn't see a thing wrong. So, good news: No absess. Bad news: $55 poorer and my dentist thinks I'm nuts.
I swear I had SOME kind of infection. I may even had had a fever, because I was not myself last week and I felt really out of sorts. I turned down an $80 dinner theatre gig because I "didn't feel like it" and "it's not my thing", fer chrissakes! Oh well, it feels better now. Fingers crossed.....
For your viewing enjoyment, here's a couple of insane ads I shot in April for this milkshake you can buy in the U.K. You'll see me if you don't blink.
You'll have to cut and paste the url, because Youtube won't let me share.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OskvNDU0_o&feature=user
Also...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWYQQmHA42Q&feature=user
I LOVED the costume.
3 comments:
That is a pretty awesome costume. Scary-ass beverage, though.
You can get an inflammation in your root after having dental work done and it doesn't have to be an infection.
Also, I'm going to scream next time I shop.
Post a Comment