Sunday, July 06, 2008

Goodbye bed-sit.....

......hello, penthouse!

I've moved. I'm still in the same house, but I've moved upstairs. It's bigger, same great neighborhood, gas stove, and 5, count 'em, 5 windows! North, south, east AND west! A vast improvement over the one window I had downstairs. My landlord was nice enough to keep the rent at what the previous tenant was paying, so it's only $13 more a month than what I was paying downstairs. All of this makes up for the fact that I'm still sharing a bathroom, but what the hell. It sure made moving easier.

The only drawback is that my little balcony/fire escape is rather rickety. One strong wind and it may be blown off. Well, I'm exaggerating a little, but I will say that there will be no dance parties on the balcony, regrettably.

I'm sure I'll be posting later this week to report on how it went making drapes without a sewing machine. Maybe after I remove the fabric glue from my fingers.

3 comments:

Mrs. Dymund said...

Congratulations on being upwardly mobile! Happy windows to you!

Anonymous said...

Windows are the awesome. Maybe I'll COME VISIT YOU, for crying out loud.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new windows!