Tuesday, March 04, 2008

This flu has flown.

Wow......for the first time in almost a month, it's the oddest sensation.......What is this feeling?

I feel reasonably good. Wow.

Man, that is some killer flu going around. Talk about long-lasting. The only thing is that I don't quite have all my taste-buds back in working order. Slowly but surely they're coming back, but it's taking forever. There's a lot of wine and chocolate in my future and I want to be able to taste it dammit!

I just finished a month long promotion for frozen pizza, involving cooking and handing out pizza samples to passers-by at a couple of trade shows and in (ugh) Coquitlam Mall. What should have been an easy gig was turned into a pain-in-the-ass by the "team leader". It's an odd sensation for me to actively hate someone. I'm reasonably easy to get along with, especially with people I have to work with. Sure, I'll be irritated by people on the bus, or rude people on the street etc, I'm no saint, but it was weird to have to be around this woman and wonder what this feeling was that I would have while around her. It took me a couple of days to figure out it was hate. You know how there are certain personality-traits in people that one may find irritating? I swear this woman hit on my top three. She would create problems, seek empathy for problems that were self-created("Look what's just happened to me!"), then want to make these problems yours("What are we going to do?!") Oh no, there is no WE here, lady! You're the "team-leader", so "lead", already! You're getting paid more than me! Also, if a person asked me a question about the pizza, she would cut me off mid-sentence as I was answering, inferring that I was answering incorrectly, and answer the question with the exact same response that I was in the midst of stating. When this would happen(and it happened A LOT), I would just turn on my heel and walk away, because if I didn't, she would have been treated to a molten load of hot pizza down the back of her pants.

Thankfully, the pizza gig is OVER! Woot!Onward and upward.

I'm going to cut this short because I'm going to take advantage of feeling reasonably good, and go to aerobics, which will probably render me feeling like crap again. I can't remember the last time I exercised.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heh - "molten load of hot pizza." heh.

glad you're feeling better. march is so much better than february.