A beautiful day out there. I did laundry, scrubbed the bathroom until I could see my reflection in the toilet bowl, sorted receipts for my taxes, bagged up clothes I no longer wear for the Sally Ann, and I currently have a fruit cobbler in the oven.
Fuck, I need a job.
I was 'on hold' for about 2 weeks for a commercial that was to shoot this week. They decided to go with somebody else, but while I was on hold, I turned down temp work, as I had to remain available if I was confirmed for the shoot. I'm still working on the juggling required to have an acting career. Should I have said "Yes, I'll work as a greeter for a convention!" and cancel if I had booked the commercial gig? That would have pissed off the temp agency. I've done things like "phone in sick" before because I had an audition. This particular company is a bridge I'm not quite ready to burn.
I can't believe that I actually miss my pre-Christmas job at the gift basket company. They would let me take off mid-day to auditions and it wasn't a problem. I need another gig like that.
Audition tomorrow. Here's hoping........
No comments:
Post a Comment