I haven't felt like blogging for a while now. Probably because I haven't had anything new to blab on about, and I'd feel like I was repeating myself. The things on my mind are mostly old stuff, which tells me it's time to get rid of old problems and get some new ones! I'm specifically talking about family-related stuff, as I just got home from dinner at the folks. I always feel like I have to shake off this old familiar feeling of malaise I always get when I'm over there. I realize that there is nothing that I can do to help them get out of the complete and utter rut that they are in. They're grown-ups with problems, and I'm a grown-up with problems of my own. All I can do is encourage. I worry that their brains are turning to mush. They really need to get out more.
I say this with love. I mean, it's not like I can have them replaced.
What to do this year, eh? I feel like I should want to move. I mean, I've been at the bed-sit for 2 whole years, but it still feels like it's serving me well. I really don't need more space. I'll just fill up the space with crap that I also don't need, so moving isn't a priority. That should be a priority. Learn how to prioritize. Har har.....
My cheque for the commercial should come in this month, and that will go to getting headshots, a reel, and some dental work. These are priorities. My next big cheque will go to paying the taxman what I owe, which isn't a lot, but must be taken care of. I LOVE not being in debt. And I MUST take a trip. Anywhere. No really, I would go ANYWHERE, but I'm thinking England.
Also, I should finally learn to drive.
And maybe learn French. I would prefer Russian, but French might be a wee bit more useful.
My #1 priority is to continue to establish myself as an actor, and to be a better one. I've decided that I don't need the beta-blockers. The last 3 gigs I booked, I hadn't taken any for the audition. That tells me all I need to know.....
Happy New Year, everyone. Rock out with yer cock out.
(Maybe I should make it a priority not to use that expression anymore.)
2 comments:
Happy New Year!
I recommend England. Also, Italy.
How about to the moon, Alice???
Post a Comment