Sunday, September 16, 2007

What the fuh.....?

This is an actual posting in the 'Events" section on Craigslist.

"Creatyve Mynds Promotions is looking for a nonalcoholic bartender for Halloween for an underages event...a Pimp's N Ho's Halloween party."

An UNDERAGE "Pimps N Ho's" event? What diseased brain came up with this idea? The mind...or should I say "mynd"... boggles. Look at how they spell the name of their company, fer chrissakes. A rather "creatyve" use of the letter 'Y', no? "This event will be held in one of the tricities....." it goes on to say. Ah, now it all makes sense........

Thanks for the fruit-fly advice. I've been putting vinegar in a little bowl and punching holes in some saran wrap covering the top. Fly corpses abound!

I feel like I haven't blogged in ages. What's new.......?

I came THISCLOSE to booking a commercial the other week. 2 callbacks and I was put on hold. But they went with someone else......oh well. I actually had a bit of a flurry of commercial auditions for a couple of weeks there. Got callbacks for most of them (yay), but no bookings (poop).
I am really hoping to book one, because I need an influx of cash to get a demo-reel done. So I can hopefully break into auditioning for film & t.v. That's where I want to be and where my skills could really be put to work.

Sean and I had a kind of weird and fun gig the other week. We were hired to be sort of "incognito entertainment" at a wedding in Squamish. The plan was to be this quirky couple from England via Ontario who would walk around and chat with guests, be weird, have fights, etc. But it turned out to be this really small, VERY family affair and the vibe wasn't right to do anything TOO out-there. So it was more like we were attending a wedding of a couple we don't know (but pretended we knew) and had English accents. Wasn't a bad gig. We were paid( not a lot), got drunk and had a free hotel room. The only low point was getting man-handled by the best man....

I'm (thanks to Erin) working for the Film Fest this year. Just weekends, but this means I'll have rent! Can I get a Woot? I'm also doing the usual "Care for a sample?" gigs. I'm branching out into juice-sampling territory, a long with the usual booze. Just call me Queen of Free Beverages.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Scuse me?
Jay-ZUS.

Can I show up as a cop? John? Narc?

Anonymous said...

I would love to be indignant about the pimps n hos but I'm afraid I'm speechless about your weird gig.