Happy Thanksgiving and stuff. I'm thankful for cold medication, due to a virus I picked up while dealing with Film Fest ticket buyers and their filthy, germ-laden cash. I guess my retail-hardened immune system has gotten lazy because I've been out of the racket for a while now.
I'm deeply embarrassed by how many movies I haven't seen. Here I have a Festival Pass to go see movies for free, and I've seen........... one. Well, I've been sick! And, I went and got myself a job. The film and T.V. industry is entering into it's winter-wasteland of nothing going on, so I figured I'd better seek some seasonal employment. I was shuddering to think that I would end up getting some kind of near-minimum wage retail gig, but I've found a job where the pay is reasonably decent, and I DO NOT have to deal with the public.(Cost? Priceless.) I'm working for a company that puts together specialty gift-baskets of gourmet foods or beauty products. Small private mail-orders, or big orders for grocery stores. I'll be slapping together gift-baskets Monday to Friday, 9 to 5, until Dec. 21.
The job is......... a little tedious. But my bosses are nice, and my co-worker seems cool. It's just until Christmas, and this way I'll still be able to get a reel together and some new headshots in the New Year, IF I don't book anything soon. My new bosses didn't seem thrilled with the idea of me popping out for an hour mid-day to go to an audition, but they were amenable to the idea.
Maybe I'll take one of these casting-director classes that they all hold during the off-season.....
It just occurred to me that I use a lot of hyphens. There are eight in this post. Also, I do this .................... a lot. Duh, what's that called again?
1 comment:
ellipses...
Well, good for you for the seasonal work, and shitty to hear you have a cold. It is true that retail is filthy, isn't it?
And come next winter, all the acting work you do next summer will make a seasonal job irrelevant.
RIGHT, pantheon of Gods? You heard me!
Post a Comment