Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Picking up garbage can be meditative.

The last week was a blur. I worked for the Dragon Boat Festival, which mainly consisted of sitting in the dispatch truck on-site, attached to a radio, dispensing info and directing people, and pretending to know what the hell was going on. That was before and during the actual festival. After, I picked up a lot of garbage, and humped banners etc, back to the storage tent. Got a nice upper body workout doing that. I also had the opportunity to zip around the Science World grounds driving a golf cart. Fun! Overall, a slightly nerve-wracking but good gig. If you drive by the north parking lot next to Science World, you can see the clean and litter-free pavement. That's MY work.

I received a hand-me-down bicycle from my sister last week. I am now vehicular! I'm WAY too terrified to take the bike anywhere near traffic, though. I mean, except for one or two around-the-block trips on Sean's bike last summer, I haven't really been on a bike since I was a teenager. And that was just toodling around PoCo, mainly on sidewalks. For now, I'm going to stay close to home, just riding around the alleys of my neighborhood, trying to get bike-nimble. Getting the inevitable 'riding into a hedge' or 'falling into a ditch' moments out of the way before I tackle automobile traffic.

According to Arwen, a clip of my happy-pill ad is in the new Michael Moore movie. Don't blink or anything, but it's my big film debut!! Well....sorta...heh. I'm looking forward to seeing the context in which it's presented. Probably not a good context, but it's MY face! On a big screen! For a whole 3 seconds! Woot!

2 comments:

Mrs. Dymund said...

So much Woot! for you.

Anonymous said...

I saw it. Good context. The American people have to work 3 jobs in order to afford health care which makes them sad so they need anti-depressants. That's your cue. Michael Moore knows what he does.