Wow. I just realized I've been blogging(still hate that as a verb) for over a year. Time flies...
The sketch show went pretty well. I had a couple of days where I thought I wasn't very good, but I've gotten over that. I think I felt like I hadn't worked hard enough at it, and decided to punish myself for that by pooping on my own work. To be honest, I think that when I'm doing comedy, I'm used to getting more laughs than I got. The scripts weren't that great, so I put it on myself to fix them through performance, and when I couldn't, I must have stunk. Look at me! Blaming the writing! Does that make me a real actor now? Har har....
At the very least, I had a chance to meet and work with some mighty fine and talented folks. And I got to meet Sean's Dad after the show, right after he had seen me wearing a merkin onstage.
Now that's funny.
I've been having a birth-control related issue. Perhaps one of my egghead friends will provide some input. For the past couple of months, I've been having 2 periods a month. Never mind the mood-swings, it's been contributing to a serious upswing in my chocolate intake. I know the doctor will want to take me off the low-dose pill and put me on a higher dose, but I don't wanna do that. I like a low dose. Maybe take a month-long break and try to reset my cycles? Maybe take it continually with no week-long break, like ya do if you want your periods to stop, so maybe I'll only get it once, like I'm supposed to? Nah, that seems silly. Maybe stop having sex?
Yeah, like THAT will happen.
So, any advice will be appreciated, but I guess it's clear that I should probably visit the doctor. Groooan....
I've been fairly busy lately with product-promo work. The cash is appreciated, but I've really noticed that "workin' for the man" this way has a REAL tendency to sap my strength. After a shift I'll come home and, instead of finding and going to auditions, getting my shit together, formulating my master plan, etc., I'll just want to sit on my ass, drink beer, feel depressed, and watch downloaded T.V.
Boy, does that ever sound familiar.
I just have to keep reminding myself that these are temporary gigs. I am not stuck! I'm just tired of having to respond to the question, "Are you super-excited about the promo today? Are you SUPER-EXCITED?" And the question is usually delivered by a 23 year old "team leader" who's read the same marketing manuals as all the other "team leaders" I've worked with. I swear the phrase "SUPER-EXCITED" must be in Marketing For Dummies or something. Yeah Honey, I'm SUPER-EXCITED to be handing out soup samples today. I THINK I JUST SHIT MYSELF WITH EXCITEMENT, and now it's RUNNING DOWN MY PANT LEG into MY SHOE, THAT'S how EXCITED I am!!!
Actually, I'm excited at the forthcoming paycheque, but I just keep that to myself....
I would reeeeealy like a decently paid acting gig. Another commercial would be nice. Then I can get an acting reel together, maybe take a little weekend trip somewhere, or take some time to do a play without having to go to the folks for "a loan" to cover rent while the play is running.
Onward and upward.....
2 comments:
If you're getting 2 periods a month on the pill, you do need to see the doctor. As far as I know, a mini-pill is progesterone only, and I thought it was estrogen which was implicated in too-many-periods a month. Thyroid sometimes is a menstrual issue, or you could be having particularly wicked breakthrough bleeding, or you could have a totally benign fibroid or something that's getting banged about. Of course, if you're feeling like it's hormonal, then get thee to a doc. I wouldn't mess about with your pill, since progesterone is supposed to thin your lining, not thicken it to the point where it's possible to bleed twice. So I don't think it's the pill itself; there's something else that needs investigatin'. Maybe you have two uteruses! So exciting!
Now, how delicious IS that soup?
I had the boldest of intentions to getting one of us out to your show. It's even in the calendar. Again, we failed. I'm glad it went pretty well.
Oh, and if it helps: a blog is a web-log, so you're not blogging, you're web-logging. Which is a less cringeworthy verb, and could be interpreted amusingly as having something to do with forestry.
Post a Comment