I'm housesitting and catsitting this week. Possibly the world's most irritating cats....
Actorly speaking, I've had a relatively busy week. Shot a day on an indy-film on Monday, where I had the opportunity to indulge in a little Ab Fab-style drunken-diva shenanigans. Quite fun. Then my agent called me yesterday morning. "Do you want to audition for a small role in a little-paying indy film? Playing a bitchy step-mom?"
Sure....
So I bagged that audition, which is good for the old ego, and went to the first of a two day shoot for me.
I spent the day at the top of Grouse Mountain in white-out conditions, standing up to my tits in snow while hugely underdressed for the conditions, "mourning" the loss of my snowboarding step-son(who I hated) at his "funeral". All for the tidy sum of $100! Ah, what a glamourous biz.....
I'm playing a gold-digging, trophy wife. In a "Snowboarding Movie". I've read a few pages of the script, and....how do I put this......
Shakespeare, it ain't. Yeah, I KNOW you're shocked!! Tomorrow I yell through the phone at my soon-to-be-dead step-son, telling him he's a "loser snowboarder". What a bitch! Heehee..... at least I THINK that's what I say. Hard to tell with all of the typos...
Oh well....slap it on the resume. Also, I have to admit, it was kinda fun. Despite the actor mistreatment. I mean Jesus....there was a 12 year old boy up there too, playing my other step-son, freezing and hungry. They didn't even feed us until quite late. I think there are laws about that, but it was a non-union gig.
But it was fun in that I feel like I'm paying some kind of dues. Get some shit-work under my belt before I stand in the line to the good stuff.
But jobs like this I'm going to get REAL tired of REAL quick.....
4 comments:
SEE? It did work. Asking those crazy gods and goddesses to ante up another hundred dollar gig. Chaw-some.
welcome to the NFL, rookie...
Well...I'm not exactly a "rookie" at this game, but thanks anyway...WHOEVER you are ;)
That's swell. I'm so proud of you.
Post a Comment